Wednesday, January 6, 2016

WINTER ARRIVES

I am sad as I look out the window and see my neighbor Ivan begin to dismantle his wondrous and wonderful, award-winning Christmas display.
When the 3-D Santa disappears from Hawthorne I know that the holiday season is definitely over.


Here's another sign that winter has, alas, finally arrived in our city.
I'm a year-round walker...so very much appreciate of Service Director Thom Evans and his crew keeping the sidewalk along Bishop Road plowed during the winter months.

The advantage of walking around my neighborhood is that it allows me to see and enjoy little details that I might otherwise miss.
I always smile when I see families who have played Guuman's Chinese Theatre on newly poured concrete. 

Little hands and feet, memorialized in cement.


Which brings me to this sign of the winter season:


















Enjoy!.....And stay warm out there!