Thursday, February 24, 2011

Help For Residents Who Are Suddenly In FEMA Flood Zones

I am one of the "lucky" residents who suddenly found themselves in a 100 year flood zone, according to FEMA's latest flood maps----even though FEMA removed my street from the flood zone 20 years ago, when the street was put in.
There is some relief for residents like me.
There is a form---which someone from the City Engineer's Office must sign---that will qualify you for reduced flood insurance rates for two years, while the FEMA mess is being sorted out.
Once the City Engineer's Office has signed the form, you need to give it to your insurance agent.
If you want a copy of the form, I will email it to you.
Just use the email link provided (Look for the "Feedback" section in the panel to the right) to contact me.